Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 3 at the Ranch!

After what seemed like a nap, our sleep came to an end with the annoying rant of my alarm clock at 0700. We had zip lining at 0900. After another hearty breakfast, we loaded up and went to gear up for zip lining. The Yak Traks were amazing! Going to have to get some of those for here! We zipped for 3 hours and had the time of our lives!!!


The ranch boasts the fact that they have the largest privately owned zip line course! IT was a blast! DTM and I are scared of heights, but we had so much fun, and want to go again. Our guides, Eric and Cat, were awesome, and if I could do it all over again, I would!!! The longest zip was 2200 feet long and over 100 feet above ground!!! We had such a great time.

After that course, we had just enough time to grab lunch bites and then off to 2 and 1/2 hours of ice fishing. I had one on the line, but didn't get him in. The fish were so picky and by that time late in the season, they were so smart and wouldn't hardly take the bait.

We went down to the saloon after that and built our brands. DTM and I had not even talked about ours or shown each other what we had previously made. Ours were so almost identical that it wasn't funny!!! We shared some pictures then and went to take a nap before dinner. That saved me! Dinner then concert was awesome. The poker tournament was great. I did well at my initial table but when we condensed our tables to one, I lost my luck, but came in 3rd overall. We went to bed after that.... had to be up by 0530 to get packed and to be up for the ride home.

My Luggage had been damaged by the airport staff, so the ranch gave me a whole new bag. I had to repack it at the airport, but it was fine. the ranch gave us a comp ticket for lunch at the airport which was awesome. It was sad to go home, but we had a blast. I hope we can get the opportunity to go again.

Our smart packing tips of vacuuming the air out of our clothes really paid off cause we had no trouble fitting our gifts in the luggage on our way home, and other than his camera and my purse we had NO carry on bags! Woo Hoo!!!




1 comment:

  1. How did you vac the bags back shut? Did the ranch have one you could use?

    ReplyDelete