Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 2 at the Ranch

DTM and I had a hearty breakfast and headed out for a 3hr snowmobile trip! Our small group was great! The thing that sucked was, that on our way to the Snowmobiles, we got over to let the dogsledding dogs by and their truck, and when we did, we went nose first in our van into the deeper soft snow and got stuck. Had to be towed out. We made it to our sleds and had a great course in how to ride. Everything was great in theory, but when we finally got out on the sleds, I was scared to death! I hadn't ever rode anything like those before. I wanted to do it longer, cause once I got the hang of it, riding was great. We stopped at a cabin about 30 mins from the end and had sausage and drinks. It was snowing and gorgeous!


After that, we got back and switched from suits to ski bibs. we had a bit of lunch before we headed out to snowboard for 3 hours! What a work out! I didn't remember it ever being sooooo hard. My legs hurt so bad and I couldn't feel my feet at all. We snowboarded down a bunny hill. DTM was better off than I, but we did great!





The Staff was great, and they are the ones who took the pics of us on this activity! We got done, and there were hardly anyone else scheduled for the snow tubing, so we decided to tube while we had the opportunity. We went down like 4 times. it was enough for me. The first time I went down by myself and it was icing on the hill so we went quickly and the ice was hard to stop on. Next we chained together with two other people and had a great time! I got bucked off the chain and hit my head good. It sucked. We went down two more times, but I couldn't breathe well, so I decided I had enough.



We got back to our room and we changed out of our clothes and it was sweaty. We didn't realize that Montana was warmer than Indiana. We showered and had our gifts from the General Store purchased. The group photo was that night so after an appetizer and a couple drinks from the bar, we took the group photo. Then they had the Fire and Ice party down at the lake. Oh it was gorgeous! Loved the scenery and the company.








We had dinner that night and then there was some open table poker and I played. After about 8 drinks, I won my poker table.... by pure luck, and went to bed that night happy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I've been looking at your blog and you did such a great job! I filled out my paperwork for the same trip! Did it take super long to hear back? I did my paperwork online kinda wishing I did it the paper way!

    ReplyDelete