Monday, February 4, 2013

Packing Theory

Hello there Internet readers! Wanted to post tonight on a theory DTM and I are going to try when we get our packing list. I tried this when I moved from home to Indiana Wesleyan University for my first year of college, I saw everyone else moving in with a truck or suv load of stuff. when I came in with just a trunk and car full the folks thought I was from out of state and I was going to go buy stuff while I was there to store. Nope! I was only about 2 hours away. What did I do? Well, we bought some off brand space max bags and we vacuumed out the air on my bedding, clothing, and linens. I packed my entire room into 5 bags and like 1 box. 

So, with that being said, DTM and I went to Harbor Freight Tools and with a coupon we got in the mail, we bought a package of 4 bags for under $4 tax included. We are planning on taking the second suitcase we are sent and all our clothes and sealing the air out and only packing 1 bag to go out there as our "carry  on" bag if it fits the size criteria. 

Hope you can take this idea and the Dick's Sporting Goods ideas that I've thrown your way and enjoy it. It can help out when going, I hope. 

If you have already been and have ideas to post, let me know. I am always learning. I hope to hear from you readers out there! Say HI, Post questions, and lets get ready for the trip! March 11 can't come soon enough!!!

Stay safe out there. 

Mem

3 comments:

  1. My daughter and I leave on 2/20 for our trip. I love your idea about the space bags, but my question is how are you going to vacuum out the air for the return trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you have put the spare suitcase inside the one you're using for a carry on or checked bag, you should have plenty of room in the whole other suitcase for stuff to bring back, but..... for those of you who want to pack savvy on the way home, a good way to do it is to lay or sit on the bags to get all the air out and just cap it when done. Kind of like when packing a tent or sleeping bag. Its not as tight, but its not as open as not using them at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ammendment to Packing theory: Pack carry on bags inside your luggage so that on the way home you can have plenty of room to take all the awesomeness home.

    ReplyDelete